Friday, February 26, 2010

1 month down... 100 Days to go....

Enter....Type A, Virgo, OCD, perfectionist tendencies.... I am in FULL panic mode!

OK....so here we are 1 month into training (which has been going FANTASTIC so far by the way)...and I am a little irritated...but I am trying to reign-it-in...trying...


When you have a training schedule you are SUPPOSED to FOLLOW the training schedule....right?

With weather interfering, our training runs are getting canceled (twice now) and with each derailment , complete ignoring "adjustment" of the schedule, I am starting to feel a little cheated about this whole training experience.

Every time we make an "adjustment", I am not reaching the mileage I am SUPPOSED to be at in order to SAFELY and STEADILY build up to that big 22 mile training run... let me break it down for you...

Each weekend you build your long run by 1 or 2 miles. Last weekend we ran 6 miles (it was great!) Tomorrow I was SUPPOSED to run 8 miles.

So next week, weather permitting, WHAT mileage are we going to run????????????????

I need to know..... we should run 10....but since we cancelled this weekend, the coaches will assume people took the day off and we probably won't...I don't like this...

I am still going to run 8 miles, tomorrow, here, in the rain, by myself, if I don't I will be EVEN MORE anxious/worried/frustrated.... I AM GOING TO FOLLOW THE SCHEDULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am feeling like a Grumpy Bear... plus he has a rain cloud on his belly...
how perfect :(

~Lauren ( Just call me "Negative Neely" tonight!)

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya girl! Heres the thing... you have room to play, even though you don't follow the schedule perfectly. You don't always have to go up by 1 mile, so you may be able to modify and increase by 2 miles another week to make up for it. And you don't have to run 22 before the race... most training programs only get up to 20 miles. I think you did the right thing by running in the rain (one, its fun and two, it'll make you a tougher runner!).

    Way to take 8 on by yourself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right to just do it on your own if they bail!! Remember Runner's World Running Rules of Thumb #9: "Running any given route in the rain makes you feel 50 percent more hard-core than covering the same route on a sunny day."

    That's why I think my Seattle 3 miles are really like your Simi 6 miles!! haaa!!

    hang in there! you will do great!

    love,

    Aunt Jen

    ReplyDelete