Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fitting it in...

With my schedule lately, I am really feeling the "commitment" part of training. Between business trips, late nights at work and the general biological need for sleep...sometimes fitting it--as in training-- in, can be a challenge.

I am an organizer, a planner....psychotically type A, borderline OCD....I schedule my workouts for the week on Sunday evening. I post them in my planner like they are a dinner date with Jesus, that I just can't miss. Sure I have to ruin my whole day reschedule sometimes, but, hey such is life, and I am getting better at going with the flow and, in true Tim Gunn fashion, I am making it work.

And, I must say, I have been doing really well. I am even "attempting" to run before work. Now, for any of you who know my work schedule, you know I already get up at an ungodly hour anyways. This morning, my body cursed me for about 15 minutes before it gave in to the run at 5:15 am.


Aside from chanting "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..." like Dory from "Finding Nemo," here are some great tips I found recently, that I wanted to share:

Check out these motivational tips from one of my FAVE blogs: Runner's Kitchen

http://www.runnerskitchen.com/2010/02/motivation-for-running/


(I especially love the "Not going is NOT an option" mantra)

Also, check out this recent post from the Runners World website:

http://askcoachjenny.runnersworld.com/2010/02/10-ways-to-get-your-running-mojo-back.html

No comments:

Post a Comment