Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ipod Inspirations: The Power Song

Ask me to run without my Ipod and I would tell you to pry it out of my hand cold, dead hands... seriously...

Running with a partner is great, you can chat, and train at that level of still being able to hold a conversation and not gasping for air. You feel comfortable. Running by myself is a whole 'nother story. I think the sound of my strained breathing ACTUALLY makes me breathe worse, and the sound of each foot pounding the pavement, makes me feel like an elephant. It's distracting.

As you can see I am not one of those "zen-runners," the one's who say "be one with nature," "be in tune with your breathing." The only person I want to be in tune with is Ms.Britney as she propels me forward with daydreams of that VMA performance in 2000....you know the one...can you say A-M-A-Z-I-N-G figure!

Anyways, so I wanted to share some songs that keep me pumped and keep me running. My Nike + Ipod gadget calls this song the "Power Song." When I am running along, if I need a burst of energy I can automatically skip to my power song and be energized.

Need some new jams? Check these out:

Don't be alarmed by some of the artists...I am an equal opportunity downloader :)

"Go Getta" Young Jeezy and R. Kelly

"Lose Yourself" Eminem

"Crank it Up" Ashley Tisdale
( I am pretty convinced I started singing this one out loud last weekend at the gym...does that ever happen to anyone else....??)

"Do Somethin'" Britney Spears

"Down with the Sickness" Disturbed

"'Till I Collapse" Eminem Feat Nate Dogg

"What You Waiting For" Gwen Stefani

"Unstoppable" Kat De Luna

"Hard" Rhianna and Jeezy

"BOB" Outkast

"Live Your Dreams" Athena Cage

~Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment