Sunday, April 11, 2010

SMILE its time for your race photo!

Why can I never take a GOOD race photo....seriously...

I want to capture the triumph and glory of finishing my first marathon with a GOOD race photo...one I can order, frame, and actually not feel embarrassed to show other people.

After my race photos from the Old Augora 10k showed up in my email inbox (see below) I was more determined that ever to ensure that my marathon photos are good ones.

Looking constipated with a slight under-bite...you just have to laugh...
its ok, I am laughing with you...



Looking pretty good (probably one of my "best" race photos),
its almost like I am airborne, with an actual smile

And as a side-note...

why are those race photographers like camera-wielding ninjas....?!?!

They pop up out of no where! Usually after you just ascended a large hill and look winded and in pain....this never makes for a good photo.....NEVER!

Someone needs to share a few tips with these people:

1) Wear coordinated or bright colored shirts...seriously I am so focused on the race and my breathing, I literally don't see you until its too late, so you usually catch me adjusting my race belt, looking down, or in deep exhale...again not a cute look...

AND

2) Not to sound like Mariah Carey or anything ( aka: photograph me on my "good" side) but people propelling forward in a running motion look strange from a straight on side view...try to take my photo from a distance, front view please!

I hear that at marathons they have a staged photo area for after the race where finishers can get a picture with their medals in front of a nice banner, but something tells me I will look less like someone off of the cover of Runner's World and more like my good pal Amy Winehouse after running for 5 + hours straight...


Regardless....I promise to share my marathon photos after the race, so we can get a good laugh see if I succeeded in getting the elusive GOOD race day photo! Fingers crossed!

Holla Back: What are your best race photo tips? Post your comments!

Happy Running!
~Lauren

1 comment:

  1. you are obviously running too hard if you can't spot the photos, chickie! Not only is it your responsibility to look directly in the camera and give it your best "I'm awesome, aren't I?" smile, you need to yell out to those around you where he's at so everyone else can do the same thing!!! I recommend giving up a PR for a great run picture! xxoo!!

    ReplyDelete