Friday, January 29, 2010

First Day of School/Christmas Eve Jitters

The Night Before....

So tomorrow is my first official training group run. Like I mentioned before I am doing the "Start! Training Program" in support of the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.

We will meet every Saturday and do our "long" runs together as a group ( running on our own during the week, following a specific schedule). Our run tomorrow is only 1-mile...so I am not too worried :) We are training in Griffith Park---can't complain about that, its so nice up there!

I am so excited to get "officially" started! I have been running about 3-4 times a week ( 3-4 miles each time) since mid-December, so I have a good "base" built up to start this training.

In my typical, type-A, over-preparedness I am in the process of laying my outfit out and next to my outfit are my directions, sunglasses, sunscreen (you saw how pasty I am in the previous photos!) and heart rate monitor. Next, time to head downstairs and prep my water bottle and snack/breakfast....YEAH!!!!!!

I will keep you posted on how it goes....I can't wait to meet all the other crazies...I mean..."participants" who signed up for this madness....it's sure to be a motley crew!!!!


News my Fellow Runners Can Use:
Check out this article : "Break Your Bad Running Habits"---I think I have committed all of these deadly sins at some point .... some all in the same day :)

http://www.active.com/running/Articles/Break_Your_Bad_Running_Habits.htm?act=AFC-SocialMedia&Property=Active&Sport=Running&PageType=Content_Articles&Emp=SA&PostType=Social_Network_Wall&Site=FacebookPage&Dy=01_24_09&Note=Break_Your_Bad_Running_Habits


~Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment