Wednesday, January 27, 2010

About Me ( The extended remix version)

(They don't give you enough space on the profile page...or maybe I just talk a lot...)

In a nut-shell....well....I live, I laugh and I run ( and lift and bike and swim)...you can see why I shortened the title a bit :)

I live in Southern California with my wonderfully brilliant, super handsome and ridiculously funny pilot boyfriend, Kyle. I love all things pineapple and the color green. I am ADDICTED to LipSmackers chapstick ( so what if it is marketed to the 5-11 age group! )

When I am not running...I love yummy Mexican food, cooking, filling my Ipod with booty shaking music and watching Dexter on Netflix! :) I also have the best friends and family a girl could want!

I was always pretty active growing up. I played fast-pitch softball and basketball starting in elementary and on through high school. I only REALLY started running about 4 years ago....its been a journey of hills and valleys, some months of intermission here and there. I have also completed handfuls of local 5k's, 10k's, a half marathon in 2007 and 5 sprint triathlons over the past 4 years.

I am young health professional who -- like everyone else -- struggles to live a healthy lifestyle 24-7, 365 days a year. I am human after all. 2009 was a BUSY and a HARD year for me ( we will not dwell on that )...and after some reflecting, I found that I had lost track of one of my greatest passions (and biggest stress relievers and body image enhancers) my dedication to my personal fitness and physical activity!

So I decided to start a blog to track the experience of training for my FIRST Marathon! Journaling ( or in this case blogging) is a great technique to track the adoption and progress of a new health behavior...look there I go with my health educator and public health speak.....there are bound to be sprinklings of that here and there...I warn you, its just my nature :)

My training and my experiences along the way are the intended focus of my blog, but I am sure there will be extra rantings and ravings about all things health and life. If you have any questions you want me to address....let me know, post your comments!

So, won't you come along and join me in this crazy adventure? It's bound to be a fun and entertaining ride...

~Lauren

A mini-photo montage about me:



Me: being active! And one of my bestie's and my favorite training partner, Miss Cynthia!


That tall snow bunny is my BFF Jen!


The Yin to my Yang....My Kyle!


Magazines....All the reading material that I digest regularly to keep up to date on all things health/exercise....yes, I even read Kyle's Mens Health....and, yes, I have a serious magazine problem...please call "Intervention" (the show) on my behalf :)



Jillian...( and another magazine...ha ha ha)....I LOVE this lady!I totally dig her fitness philosophy. I am still trying to find that "Jillian Michaels is my homegirl" t-shirt....

1 comment:

  1. Ummm.... where is the People magazine? Ha ha, just kidding! This made me love you even more!

    ReplyDelete