Friday, June 4, 2010

Dedications Wrap-Up

Okay, so if you can remember back to when I started this journey....I had planned to dedicate each mile of the race...

I had heard that the thinking behind this is... when you are in the marathon, struggling (because, inevitably, there will be struggling) you can mentally call on all of the special people in your life, who support you and those you are thankful for and use that to push you forward.

So back in February I started out strong with my dedications....and then lost track of them along the way. Not to say that there aren't TONS of great people who support me and inspire me everyday, because there are.

My race is Sunday (GULP!) And as I take a break from packing, re-packing, and checking my lists a thousand times, I want to take the time to thank everyone properly...

So here is my condensed dedication list....

1) Bema: For my grandma, who I am training in honor of. She passed away after having a stroke a few years ago. I love her and miss her. She would think I am crazy for doing this...she wasn't much for being sweaty... :)

2) Mom and Dad: Geeze Louise....how do you sum that one up.....um, thanks for EVERYTHING...you are amazing parents and I love you.

3) Tara: My lil' sister...like I said before "having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of." I am so proud of you and love you.

4) Kyle Walter: ( That's MY man!) You are the greatest guy on earth! Thanks for always believing in me, for always making me smile and for making me feel like the most beautiful girl in the world!I love you so much!

5) Jennifer Tauro ...okay... AND that guy you married, oh yeah, what's his name? Ryan Tauro? You have been my BESTEST friend since the wee little age of 9....I love you to death! Thanks for all the laughs, our long chats and for all your words of encouragement. I want you by my side at the next finish line! Ryan: you're ok too. Just kidding! I love you...like the brother I never had :)

6) Cynthia Visage: The best friend and training partner a girl could ask for...although she had to sit this one out, she's pregnant you know :)

7) Chris Visage: To a great friend, who I bet would run this thing with me if he could (you see he is recovering from a bad hip injury)....wait maybe he wouldn't? :) He thinks I am crazy!

8) My "original" Simi Girls (Ryanne, Molly, Katie, Mindy and Sandy): Thanks for all your support. I love you guys...and for those of you far away, who I get to see less, I miss you bunches!

9) My "new" Simi Girls (Terra, Tatiana, Lindsey and Cindy--ok, ok she lives in Ventura, but let's not be picky) I am so happy I have gotten the chance to get to know all of you...you see I was adopted by these girls back in 2005 when I moved back to Simi to go to UCLA...you girls are a blast! I love you all!

10) Alex Smith: she is really an "honorary" member of the "new Simi girls" group who I love dearly...but she gets her own shout-out for inspiring me to FINALLY start my own blog (Ryanne helped too!)... she is a great writer and friend!

11) My UC DAVIS Girls: Miss Megan and Miss Amber. Love you girls! Although we don't get to see each other that often...when we do...watch out! Thanks for all the support! Meg: I can't wait to see you after the race....I love you more than my luggage!!!!!

12) The rest of my family--on both my mom and my dad's sides. Thanks for all the well wishes, support and reading my blog! You mean so much to me!

13) This one is for ME #1 ....this is where I will be at the half-marathon point....half way there! Go Lauren, Go!!!!

14) To all my other friends who I love dearly....I am so lucky to have such great friends! There are too many to name..but you know who you are! :)

15) To the creators of Gatorade....my beverage-love for you is unparalleled!

16)My running group at work- Cindy and Louisa. You gals are amazing! Nothing beats a "blah" day at work like pounding the streets with you guys. You guys are so fit and so inspiring! Thanks for pushing me!

17) To the rest of the amazing people I work with....you guys are SO supportive! Thank you!

18) My marathon training group girls: Jessica, Megan and Cindy. I am so happy to have met you guys through this crazy process. We are so strong and so awesome. Can't wait to see you all at the finish line! I couldn't have made it through those runs without you guys...

19) ARC Run Club: I am so glad I decided to give it a shot...and I never stopped coming. What a great group of people! I am so happy to be a part of your fun running family! :)

20) To the makers of the Champion Sports Bra...your "support" has been incredible...no pun...ok, pun intended. Although, on second thought, about mile 20 is when you will start eating away at the skin on my rib-cage...BAD sports bra!

21) To all my blog followers...you guys are amazing! Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy yourselves...please stick around...I don't plan to stop... :)

22) This one is for ME #2 ...I have never run more than 22-miles, my longest training run. I will enjoy this moment and know that everything beyond this point will be a new accomplishment for me to be proud of. I will remind myself how far I have come, how strong I am, how dedicated I have been and I will tell myself...YOU CAN FINISH THIS!

23) Jillian Michaels...for being an inspiration. What a bad-ass chick?!?! Seriously.... When I want to give up I will just pretend like I am on the Biggest Loser and she is screaming in my face...and I won't give up and I will keep on running...

24) To all the people who donated money to support the American Heart Association on my behalf. This is a very important cause. Thank you so much!

25) To anyone who ever doubted me or underestimated me (that might have been my own self on a few occasions) ...well...BOO-YAH...I am almost done running a marathon...

26 and the .2) This is all for ME AGAIN! I am going to be so excited to finish (I am sure of that!), but I am going to be so proud of myself. I push myself really hard in life (on and off the running path) and I need to take a minute and enjoy it. Give myself a pat on the back. Nothing makes me feel better than doing something I have never done before or thought I could never do. I will have done something that not many OTHER people in this world can say they have done. This will be a proud 1.2!

Then....grab medal...locate food and beverage....and proceed to collapse in a giant heap... :)

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE! I am one lucky girl to know all of you and I hope you have enjoyed this journey with me!

Happy Running!
Love,
Lauren

3 comments:

  1. Awww Lauren! You are so awesome. This run is for you and you are thinking of others. You are such an amazing person and I love you. Kick some serious pavement butt tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bema wasn't much for being sweaty, LOL! Love You, Sis! You are pretty much amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWH!!! I'm so touched! I got a shout out! Thanks girl : ) Well as I said a day early...I'm soooo freaking proud and inspired by your hard work! I love you!

    ReplyDelete